
10 days ago, Justin picked up this new swarm of bees, and so far so go. They seem happy in their new home, and we left a few rows of combs from the last batch to help them get established. We received them a little later than we would have liked, but there are still plenty of flowers around here for them, and this swarm is much larger than our last one, so hopefully they will stick around :) Anyways, Jordyn is very excited to have new bees, as are we...so stay tuned for occasional bee updates :)
4 comments:
That's good, I guess. I would not get too close.
Now that is way cool. And what a great learning experiece for Jordyn. So will you use the honey, or sell it or both? I can't wait for more pictures and to know what you do, etc.
They are fascinating to watch. I hope they stick around!
That's quite lucky, as I hear bees are becoming an 'endangered species' these days because of disease.
Post a Comment