Thursday, June 4, 2009

Morels!!!


Look what we found today...and only about 8 feet from our house...morel mushrooms :) I told you we've had a lot of rain lately! We dont find these very often, about every 4 or 5 years, so it was a real treat to discover them today. Justin came running in the house, totally thrilled, and i was lucky to get this shot of it still in the ground before he snatched them up and brought them in. Meanwhile, while i was reading about them on line, and checking out recipes...Justin had them cut up and cooking in garlic butter. The man never cooks, so you know he must have been excited if he was in there chopping and cooking in no time. We found 3 total...and im happy to report they were DELICIOUS! :)

7 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

lovely ! funnily enough I just read about them on another blog (http://mushroomvillagers.wordpress.com/) it must be the season for them !

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow. I've never even seen a mushroom like that!

Lynda said...

Wow. They look rather like sponges! I have never seen anything like that before!

Anonymous said...

Garlic & butter morels are the best! You're lucky to find them so close.

Karen said...

My father-in-law used to find them in the woods around their lake house. They are really tasty. I would be afraid to pick a mushroom in the woods. I'd get the wrong kind for sure.

Susan Elliott said...

YUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate North said...

mmmm.