Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jordyn's Boo Boo


As i pulled into the driveway today on my way home from work, jordyn sees me, excited...jumps up on the chair in the kitchen yelling "mommy, mommy....mommys home"...turns to climb down and slips on the chair, falls back and hits her head......doh!
split it open and got this 1" laceration on her head....two staples later, shes good to go!
She was a trooper and didnt cry the whole time...in fact, when they were giving her the shot and staples, she thought they were pulling her hair and told them...."stop pulling my hair!"
Let me just say, as an EMT, its a lot different when its your own kid!

8 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Wow. I would have freaked out. She's braver than I would have been.

Anonymous said...

Give her an extra cuddle sounds like she was a brave girl.

I have had to take my eldest twice for stitches when she was little and the first time round they were short a nurse, so I got to help! You're right...it's much harder when it's your own!

Unknown said...

Poor little baby !!Give her a Hug , please .Vero , from Chile

loulee said...

((Hugs)) for Jordyn. LOL, I'll bet Mommy needs some too.

black bear cabin said...

Thanks everyone!
Well we made it thru the 24 hour period, so i feel a little better. we had to wake her every two hours last night to make sure she
woke up and didnt have any severe head injury...so we are pretty exhausted around here today!
seems like its a right of passage for toddlers, as every mom i have spoken to had a similar story to tell...so i dont feel so bad :)

Dawn C said...

Poor babe - poor you....
x d

Rafael's Mum said...

No need to feel bad, these things just happen and nobody can prevent them. She'll be back to normal in no time. She has been very brave and so have you!

Lynda said...

Poor Jordyn! Still, it's all part of childhood, knocks, scrapes and stitches. At least you didn't embarrass yourself like I did when DD had a tooth out - I fainted!