Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wildflower Wednesday


Our state flower...the columbine...it comes in several colors, but this is the one that actually represents Colorado.

This is the sticky willowherb, and can be seen all up and down the canyon right now, adding a wonderful splash of purple.

The last flower is the Star of Solomon's Seal...tiny white stars against lovely dark foliage.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

loulee said...

I'm really enjoying your flowers. I love the columbine, we grow that here in our gardens.

Chaney Wiese said...

Beautiful Lisa! Can't wait for Rouge to take my own pictures on your land. :o)

Lynda said...

We have Rosebaywillowherb over here. I's tall and purple, but it usually comes out later in the year. It has fluffy wind blown seeds, and I once heard about someone who loved it and planted it in his garden. the first year he enjoyed it, but the second year it took over, and he spent the rest of his life trying to get rid of it! (Don't know if it's true, but it could be!)

Wilma Lee said...

Beautiful flowers!!! Cute family, lol, especially when they are quiet!!