Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wildflower Wednesday


Since there are sooooo many wildflowers to photograph, i thought i would include several each Wednesday, instead of just one :) The first photo is a Scarlet Paintbrush, or more commonly known as Indian paintbrush. I remember seeing these on a hike in the 6th grade, and theyve always remained a favorite of mine.

This is Kinnikinnik and their blooms are very tiny...the foliage, however is very attractive. This grows all over the island and along our driveway.

and finally, Early Larkspur...these delicate looking flowers grow all along our driveway, and are very pretty.

3 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Beautiful flowers. It is so interesting to see how different the wildflowers are there compared to here.

loulee said...

Such pretty flowers.

Chaney Wiese said...

Beautifull. I should put some of my pretty flower pics on my blog and get your opinion, maybe you will know what some of the ones I can't name are.