Friday, December 31, 2010

Thoughts for Today and the New Year~


I started doing this a few years ago and i really enjoy looking back on them....besides, its sort of become a tradition now, so here goes...

I'm feeling...so fortunate to have the things we do.  So many of our friends have lost their jobs and homes, and are barely getting by.  Today its rare that a family can afford to have someone stay home to run the household, and i am proud to be able to do that for our family.  I wish I could provide more for us financially, but for now, i am happy to be home with Jordyn.  Besides, next year she will go to school full time, and perhaps i can start a home business by then.  I cant believe she will be in Kindergarten next year....wow!

I'm seeing...the remnants of Christmas strewn throughout the house...toys, decorations and shiny things everywhere.  We had a beautiful holiday and im sad to take down the decorations...but its getting a little crowded in here, so i guess its time.  Perhaps tomorrow :)

I'm thinking...of all the things id like to accomplish next year, and i look forward to tackling these goals!  The new year always brings hope and inspiration...and i LOVE celebrating the new year!

I'm appreciating
...sooooo many things right now...but mainly that we have a healthy family, a roof over our heads, food in the kitchen, wood in the stove and love in our hearts.

I'm cooking
...a pot roast in the crock pot with mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli!  It was delicious!!!  And perfect on a chilly night like tonight...its 4 degrees outside...brrrrrrrrrr!

I'm planning...a cozy new years eve for 3...watching movies (perhaps Iron Man 2 or Toy Story 3), eating popcorn (if we have any room left after the pot roast), hot cocoa (with schnapps for Justin and I), and snuggling up under Jordyns new I-spy quilt in front of the fire!

I'm reading
...Clive Cussler's very first Dirk Pitt novel, Pacific Vortex.  Im almost finished, however, i put it down during the holidays and have sort of lost interest.  I would like to finish it though, as i have a nice stack of books calling my name :)

I'm wearing
...pajamas and my new Christmas slippers...in fact, we've all been wearing pj's the entire day!  i took a nice hot shower today, only to jump right back into a clean, warm pair of pj's.  What else do you do when its sooooo cold outside!

I'm creating
...a few quilty projects, as well as working on a landscape in watercolor.  Ive been meeting with the Red Feather Watercolor Society once a week for a few months to inspire me to create more.  If i only paint that one day a week, its at least a start and the ladies of the group are incredibly friendly, so i really enjoy myself.  Watercolor is a new medium for me ( i usually work in oils), so i hope to learn a lot thru this group.  Of course, my goal for 2011 is to paint more...so perhaps i can stay on task this time!

I'm hearing
...jordyn click thru the pages of her view master, the crackle of a warm fire, the tapping of computer keys as justin and i do our year end paperwork, and the wind blowing thru the trees.

I'm enjoying...Jordyn's antics...the kid is a riot!  Dancing, singing and general sillyness...she can be exhausting at times, but she is truly a joy!

I'm sharing...some photos i took today of our snow day inside...the last one is of Jordyn playing Santa...she kept going around the house stuffing things in her bag and then presenting them as gifts!  Now i cant find anything :)


May the new year bring good health to all, jobs for all, food, shelter, joy and peace!  Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Happy New Year to you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, Happy News Year. It looks like you had an awesome Christmas. In Western Australia it was in the high 30's (celsius)so the snow looks amazing.
I love your blog page. Even though I set my page up in April I have only just started to use it in earnest but am still learning how to edit, etc. Can you tell me how I could get a photo at the top like you have. All your photos are great, but the ones of your daughter in the snow are fabulous :)

Lynda said...

With such a positive attitude to life, your year is bound to be another wonderful one! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Great post!
Love that last cheeky pic of Jordyn...that's made me smile!