Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fun at the Black Bear ~

 As Christmastime approaches, and the craziness ensues, we found some quiet time for fun this weekend!  We played games, did puzzles, and even had time for some painting!  Jordyn has been creating a lot of art lately...Christmas presents for family and friends...she wants to make a painting for everyone!
 This is a painting of a dragon she made...its for me and i LOVE it!  :)
 She stayed in the house most of the weekend, her runny nose from last week turned into a hoarse voice this weekend (she sounds like Janice Joplin), so we tried to take it easy.  It was SUPER windy this weekend, but we did find time to split some wood and get out to enjoy the amazing sunsets. 
 The sky turned a gorgeous peach color and the whole landscape glowed!  These photos dont quite do it justice, but you get the idea...
 Jordyn thought it was soooo beautiful, that she pulled out her lawn chair to kick back and enjoy it!  It was a perfect ending to a peaceful weekend!
Now im off to finish baking cookies for her school music festival on Tuesday...im trying a new recipe...ill let you know if its any good. (well, Justin will let you know...im not really a cookie person) :)

4 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

Is that a bean bag chair I see in the background??? We had one for years. I told you that you are me , only younger, lol.

Karen said...

I used to bake at least 20 different kinds of cookies at Christmas time and make up trays to share with people at work, etc. Now I may make one kind. Jordyn needs to help you make some cut out cookies and decorate them. I think she has her mother's artistic talent.

Tammy said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend to be sure. The pic's of your home and the sky light - absolutely breath taking. I would love to see your neck of the woods in person, everytime I see pictures it just takes my breath away. I also think it's so neat to see your little girl being so crafty and creative and artistic just like her Mommy!!

Rafael's Mum said...

Beautiful photos and wonderful magical sunset... and I LOVE those gingerbreadmen cushions!!! I might have to copy those for here.. I love them so much!