Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Colors of Christmas ~

 I have been busy crankin away on a few Christmas gifts lately...but first i wanted to share a photo of the little yo-yo table topper i bought at the craft fair last weekend.  I love yo-yo's, and especially love when they are done in Christmas fabrics, but ive never tried to make them myself, so when i saw this little gem, i had to get it!  I also bought an ornament of yo-yo's made into a wreath...the two items cost $12.00 bucks...a total steal!  Anyways, it looks so lovely sitting next to our pooping reindeer :)
 On Monday i put together these 5 crazy quilts.  The top quilt is around 12 X 15 and the smaller ones are about 8 X 10.  They still need to be embroidered and loaded with bling, but they are getting there.  I ordered these vintage prints on fabric from ebay, and i love them.  I hope the receivers love them too!  In fact, i hope i can finish them in time for them to be received :)  Two of them are going to Jordyn's teachers, and their last day of school is the 16th, so wish me luck!
 I also finished the borders on Jordyns I-spy quilt, sewed on the label (i usually forget that part until the end), and have most of it sandwiched together (i ran out of pins, so i need to improvise).  Now if i can just find the energy to focus, i might just get er done!~

and now a silly conversation overheard between Daddy and Jordyn during their great pony rescue game tonight...
Jordyn:  Im sooo strong i could pick up a house probably.
Daddy: oh, i dont think so.
Jordyn: yes i can!
Daddy: well then, why dont you pick up the house right now?
Jordyn: cause its nighttime! 

When asked to further explain, she said, " cause its nighttime and i cant see what im doing!"  :) 

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Those vintage prints are gorgeous! DD bought me some once, but the company she used don't do them any more. I'll have to have a trawl on ebay myself!

Wilma Lee said...

Cute!!! I swear the little girl using the rolling pin resembles Jordyn!!

Tammy said...

oh I just LOVE your crazy quilts Lisa - they are beautiful, hope you'll take a picture of them when you add all the bling, etc. Those prints on fabric are way to cool too. I had no idea you could get stuff like that and on ebay - who knew. And Jordyn, how cute is she, I love her conversation with her Daddy.

black bear cabin said...

Thanks ladies :)
For those of you curious, the two sites i order from on ebay are
eloquent designs and keepsake fabrics. Both have a nice selection, and great service. If you order a few pieces shipping is usually free...i dont know if that works for international purchases though.

Christine Thresh said...

That yo yo table topper is so cute. I'd like one around my house for this time of year.