Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Holiday Fun....

 Here are the latest crazy quilts i made for Jordyn's teachers for Christmas.  I added a charm to the top piece, so thats why its included again.
 Im pretty pleased with them, though i should have made sure they were a little more square, as they shifted a bit when i put on the border, and i didnt notice till it was finished.  doh!  Naturally i forgot to take photos of them with the borders on, but you still get the idea :)
 The Winter Program, Santa's Frosty Follies was on Tuesday night at Jordyn's school.  It was absolutely hilarious, painful, and adorable!  (as all childrens programs are :)  I LOVED it!!!
 Grandma and grandpa came, and they had a good time as well.  After the show, Santa made an appearance, and the kids were thrilled!  The kids lined up to see Santa, while the parents enjoyed homemade cookies and lemonade.


Click on this link to enjoy the video i took of the preschoolers performance.  It should give you a chuckle :)
Today was Jordyn's preschool Christmas party.  The kids enjoyed stories and treats, and then they had a gift book exchange...Jordyn received a new Elmo book.
 It was a long week, filled with lots of holiday craziness, so it was nice to go home knowing Jordyn would be on holiday for a few weeks.  We could all use some down time...
 and what does my little elf do to kick off her vacation...she makes a cardboard box car, with important accessories taped to the sides.  She drove this all over the house...who says a kid needs expensive toys...scissors, tape and some markers, and she can make just about anything.

6 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

So cute!!!! I miss the Christmas programs at school.

Anonymous said...

Your crazy quilt blocks are lovely and I'm sure they're much appreciated. I know I'd be thrilled to get one if I was a teacher.

Little girls are so much fun, I miss having mine around but in a few years I'll be going to my grandson's holiday doings!

Merry Xmas,
Gail :)

Anonymous said...

How cute...she looks like she is having a grand time.

BTW are you familiar with PNP? www.portablenorthpole.tv You can set up a video message from Santa..it's really cute and I bet Jordyn would love it...just make sure she is bed asleep before you have a look at it :o)

Marie Alton said...

Oh Lisa ... that video clip is priceless!

Having been there done that many years ago ... I had a hoot watching these youngins perform!Let's hear it for Christmas joy through the eyes of a child!

Sheri said...

Beautiful pictures!

Janet, said...

Oh, her teachers are so lucky. My kids are grown now and I miss all the activities at school. Enjoy them while you can!