Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jar Wednesday


Hurrah...look what i rcvd in the mail today! I will be able to make a couple of quilts with these! Of course, some of the women were a little funny about which bugs to include in the bug jars, so i will have to go out and get some others to jazz it up a bit! :) They didnt want anything too creepy crawly! But the bug jar quilt will be for Jordyn and i know she wont mind!(heck...she eats deer poo if given the chance:)

I was a little embarrassed that the swap hostess had to add an additional 17 cents to the postage my postal clerk had calculated and put on....doh! I even asked him to include an extra stamp just to be sure, and he gave me that "dont tell me how to do my job look"...so there ya go...it came up short, and now i want to send more $ to the hostess! She was totally sweet about it and told me not to bother, but still...i hate doing that to her.

Anyways, ive been cleaning the craft room all day....boohoo! This is my free day, when jordyn is at her grandparents, and i spend it cleaning...i gotta get my priorities straight! :) I want to be able to scrapbook at my desk and leave it out when im not working on it...but since the desk is covered with fabric, bins, and magazines, i had some work to do! Looks good now though!

While i was perusing the craft room i realized i never took a photo of all of the bday blocks i rcvd in the bday swap on about.com. Included with them are the Christmas star blocks, from a swap in December. The specs were the same, so i knew they would play nicely together, and besides, more blocks means a larger quilt! I still need to make about 8 more blocks, and i want to add some red sashing i think...but since this quilt is for me it will be the last one in the pile to be completed :) Any suggestions for setting the blocks would be appreciated!
Cheers~
lisajo

3 comments:

sophie said...

You have two great sets of blocks. Can't wait to see the quilts that you will make from them.

loulee said...

The christmas blocks are beautiful. I'd have to have a go at setting them on point.
Enjoy the bugs.

Lynda said...

Well done for tidying up your sewing room. It's time well spent in the long run, you know. I love the Christmas blocks. they're a tricky bunch to unite, but I think they'll have to be sashed in green to bring them together.