
Heres what i worked on this weekend. I participated in two Batik Jacobs Ladder swaps last year and these are the lovely blocks i rcvd. It doesnt line up perfectly in spots, but i think thats what gives it some charm. Besides, once its all quilted and finished, i doubt anyone would hardly notice :) Anyways, now that ive finally sewed them together, im considering borders. I was thinking of a skinny cream border surrounded by a wide colorful batik border. I dont have enough of any one batik to do the same color all around, but i was thinking of piecing some lengths together of different colors to put all the way around(to continue the scrappy look)...or i could order more batik fabric (oh darn :) and have one color all the way around. What are your thoughts blogland? Do any of you have a preference or any other unique ideas i might consider for this colorful quilt? I would love to hear from you!
Thanks~
lisajo
6 comments:
I vote for a scrappy border, I love those.
anything with a lot of pink in it
I vote for the scrappy look too!
I'm gonna go against the flow and say I like the idea of a thin cream border, with a wider single batik - something very colourful. But who knows. Nice top - not suprisingly, I have a stack of those blocks waiting around my house, too...
Thank you for all of your comments so far :)
Im still undecided about a single color or scrappy border, as i think both would look nice...however, the thought of having to buy enough fabric for a single color border is appealing...after all, who doesnt like to buy more fabric :)
Thanks again for stopping by and saying hi!
cheers~
lisajo
I'm not good at imagining colours, and really prefer to audition fabrics. However, I think a narrow cream border will let the whole design float, and a scrappy border would detract from the lovely busy centre. So, I'm with Kate in thinking a print for the border. Remember that whatever colour the border is, the quilt will 'become' that colour! Good luck!
Post a Comment