Monday, January 28, 2008

Something New


Ive decided to try my hand at embroidery...something fun i can do while i watch TV at night. I have a collection of quilt squares that were hand sewn by my Grandmother or Great Grandmother (my Aunt needs to take a look at them to know for sure, however, this piece is for her, so ill have to dig out some of the others for her to look at :)
Anyways, they are fairly simple, and some of the fabric choices were unusual(this piece is made from satin and corduroy)...she definitely worked with scraps of any kind, a true quilter! :) Anyways, i had three squares that matched, so i sewed them together and thought some embroidery would jazz it up a bit. Ive only just started the embroidery, but thought i would show my progress so far. I am really enjoying it, and love trying new stitches. Did i just discover a new hobby......yikes....that could be dangerous! :)

Speaking of embroidery, i gave this kitty cat a face over the weekend. Sadly i only had one response from my cat survey, so i decided to go with a pillow design, which meant no button eyes. I still want to quilt the top before i make it into a pillow, so i hope to work on that later this week. I have some new hand quilting designs i want to try out....i must be on some sort of hand sewing kick lately!
Well, thats the latest up here on the mountain!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
cheers~
lisajo

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I like the cat's eyes. How did you do them?

Lynda said...

Your embroidery skills are great! Faces are always tricky and this cat looks just purrfect!

Sheri said...

Darling cat.
Sheri