Jordyn got some new books, and couldnt wait to read them this weekend...in fact, she spent most of Saturday reading, and finished 5 of the Rainbow Magic Fairies books. I thought she might like to read something besides the Magic Treehouse books, and i guess the Fairies Series was a good choice. I love to see her curled up in a cozy spot reading, so i had to capture this moment with my camera. My cousin Christy was up for a few days...we enjoyed lunch at the Pot Belly, some wine...and hours and hours of conversation. We never run out of things to chat about. While we were talking, we were also quilting...
You may recognize this pattern, i made about 32 of these blocks last March and Christy made the rest. Its a gift for someone special and we got together this weekend to try and finish it. All it needs are borders, and then its off to the quilters for his magical touch! Ill post photos when its all done. In the meantime, Jordyn and i are enjoying our days off...10 in fact, for spring break! woooohoooo! Heres to sleeping in!!!


3 comments:
Looking good! As you know, I'm a big fan of kids reading as well, so it was lovely to see Jordyn all curled up with a book :)
I love to see kids enjoying books and the picture of Jordyn is so cute. If you love to read it's a real gift for the rest of your life. Love the quilt, looking forward to seeing it all finished. Hugs!!
The hearts look lovely - I like the way that some are light on dark, and some dark on light!
Post a Comment