
This dancing frog was delivered by a friend today, in hopes of cheering me up...and it worked...isnt she cute! :)
I was feeling rather frustrated, exhausted, overwhelmed, and drained! For those of you moms out there, you will know what i am talking about. The never ending pile of laundry, dishes, and toys...what am i, everyones personal slave! The need for a little solitude...not a lot just a little, say perhaps...a few minutes for a shower? Maybe a quiet chat with a friend on the phone...or even just a potty break...alone! You know those days...when you feel like getting in your car and leaving in search of some peace (of course you cant leave...she's only two).
I can remember a statement my mom always used to make (and probably still does)..."you kids are gonna drive me to drink"! Hmmmmm....a beer does sound rather good right now. Then guilt kicks in, "i must be a terrible mother because i cant handle this...i need a break...is it your nap time yet?" Anyways, these were the thoughts brewing in my mind yesterday while i sat on the couch crying. Justin walked in the room and asked me what was wrong...all i could say was, "im frustrated". He rubbed my back for a few minutes, then went in the kitchen and did the dishes. (okay...ill keep him :)
Today, however, was just what i needed! Grandma and Grandpa picked up Jordyn this morning and she is spending the night...woooohoooo! Connie dropped off this cute little plant...Thanks Connie! And my mom and i had a nice laugh on the phone about what a pain in the ass we were as kids, and how she was looking forward to coming out for Thanksgiving anyway! :)
Just when you feel like you cant handle any more...family and friends come around and save the day! Thank you guys...i needed this!
7 comments:
Thank goodness for grandparents and understanding husbands! Hang in there - you're doing great
I know what you are going through. It is hard being a personal slave to a toddler.
I'm here if you need to unload.
Love the frog by the way.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
I get what you are saying... I've had days like that where I think...would they notice if I was to jump in the car and vanish for a few hours... Or how much would things fall apart if I went on strike or quit! :o) Thankful my family, like yours, know when it is time to step in and take over and it's really nice...
My DD1 (14 years old) make a great cup of tea and on some days it's just the pick me up I need.
Hope you have a good weekend!
I hear you loud and clear. It will get better when she starts school. Perhaps you should think about getting her into a playgroup for a couple of hours a week?
Hang on in there kiddo. It will get better.
PS I love the frog.
((Hugs)) Must be something in the air at the moment.
It is hard living with toddlers, but you're a wonderful mum. You do a great job.
I'm with Claire, is there a play group or something similar that Jordyn could go to, she could play with other kids and you get to meet and talk to other mums going through similar stresses.
Take care
Oh yeah, we all get like that sometimes. And what is it about the moment I sit down to check email or pick up a book this is a cue for everyone in the house - even DH - to come talk to me about unimportant things?
Post a Comment