Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Transit of Venus and other fun stuff ~

 I was summoned to jury duty yesterday, which was the fourth time ive been called...i swear, i must be on their hit list...however, after over 4 hours in a courtroom, i was not chosen as one of the jurors and was allowed to go home!  hurray!  It was a 5 day trial, so im glad i wasnt chosen. 
Anyways, today is the Transit of Venus, so we've been sneaking out every 10 minutes or so to take a peek.  This will be the last peek anyone gets until December 2117, so we are enjoying this momentous occasion :)
 And speaking of momentous occasions, Jordyn has lost another tooth!  It was soooo ridiculously loose i told her she had to pull it out or i would, so she worked on it all morning, and finally....whala!
 She was very disappointed that the tooth fairy didnt leave her a note last time, to which i replied..."well Jordyn, did you leave her one?"  So she sat down at her desk and put pen to paper to compose this lovely note for the tooth fairy....if you need the translation, it reads "Dear Tooth Fairy,  Im hoping you will love my tooth.  I cleaned my tooth very good.  I brushed and i kept brushing until my teeth were clean."  On the back of the note it says Love Jordyn  :)  Im sure the tooth fairy will love it!
 Meanwhile, the kitty was lounging on our new rug in the bathroom...i like to call this shot, Kitty Camo!  :)
 This little hummingbird moth has been visiting us for the last few days, so i was able to catch a shot or two...I think they came out sort of fun...
 And finally...here is a shot of Jordyn running through the "car wash" on the last day of school.  This is a tradition they do every year on the last day of school as the kids are getting on the bus...and since Jordyn doesnt take the bus, she got back in line and went through about 4 more times...looks like she was having as much fun as the teachers :)  Congratulations my little 1st grader!!!

1 comment:

Country Whispers said...

My husband just told me about the Venus thing. I haven't had the tv on so I didn't know anything about it.
I'm sure the tooth fairy will love the tooth as well as the sweet note.
Love the camo kitty and the hummingbird moth shots.
So glad school is over for the summer!