i got a call from my neighbors Glenn and Jan today...they live just 3 1/2 miles east of us, and they had just received the pre evacuation phone call. That made me a little nervous, as we have heard that the west side of the fire has been burning quite rapidly due to all the beetle kill trees, yet they have not posted an updated map in over two days, so i have no idea how far its traveled west. It still looks rather far, but i decided not to take any chances, and called my bestest friend and cousin, Christy, and asked if she would come up and haul away some of our treasures for safe keeping at her place. Well, being the awesome chick that she is, she said no problem, and headed up all the detoured roads to our place. Just filling her truck with some of our belongings helped put my mind at ease a bit, and if we do have to evacuate, it will make our mass exodus much easier! :) Thank you Thank you Thank you Christy....you have no idea how much that meant to me today....you truly are the best friend ever! Love you!!!


3 comments:
So glad you are able to make contingency plans, but scary still to have the fire so close... Wonderful to have good friends you can rely on and on a happy note... just LOVE Jordyn stealing the photo on top of the digger ! :-)
I've been just catching up on your posts and OMG...I hope you are all safe. So glad you got some of your keepsakes to safety as I think that is the bit that would be heartbreaking to lose. My thoughts are with you and hope some rain comes your way soon...shame we can't ship ours to you...we've had weeks and weeks of the stuff!
Your too kind Lisa, I didn't do anything special. I will always be there for you, as you and have been for me. No way would I let a little fire get in my way to lend a hand! ;) Love you bestest friend and coolest Cousin!
Post a Comment