Monday, February 21, 2011
Stay at Home Robin : blocks 5 & 6
Well, ive fallen a little behind in Kate's Stay at Home Robin, so ive been trying to catch up. Im working on two quilts...a Halloween theme and a Winter theme, and obviously this is the Winter themed quilt. I still have one more block to do for both quilts and then some embroidery or applique and i will be all caught up :) I tried to do Tonya's free piecing for the "i love snow" part, but just couldn't wrap my brain around it, so i ended up just drawing them out to paper piece. Looking at it now, i wish i had appliqued the letters, but i think it still works. I did use Tonya's free piecing tutorial for the snowflakes, and that was fun. I just have a hard time winging it, but i should really try it more often, as it is a lot of fun :) Happy Quilting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That looks great!
I know what you mean by trying to wrap your brain around something.
Some things are just impossible for me to figure out (like patterns)however if I throw the paper patterns away and wing it myself it usually works out!
I love this little quilt and FWIW, I think the pieced letter really work.
Defintely a winter look quilt. Well done & creative.
Very nice Lisa. I love it and it looks like winter for sure. I know what you mean about the free piecing of letters - I can't wrap my head around it either, guess I'm just to anal to have things off balance or something.
As soon as I get caught up on a couple things, I'm going to try Tonya's letter piecing too. We'll see if I can "let go" enough to handle it.
I think your paper-pieced letters are great. Very cute quilt!
Looks fab! I tried my hand at Tonya's letters once, but couldn't get my head around scale...so now I have a 69" banner that says "Lily of the Valley"! I'm sure I'll incorporate it into a backing one day!
Your Stay at Home Robin is coming together well - these things are always a challenge, but so good for us!
Post a Comment