After having a high fever last Sunday followed by two more days of 102 fever, the fever finally dropped and she moved on to the ugly cough stage...but the cough wasnt too bad, and she seemed to be on the mend. In fact, thats why we went outside for these photos...it had been in the high negatives all week, so we wanted to get out of the house for a little while. Well, sometime in the middle of the night (around 4am) i noticed how restless and fussy she was being in bed...i reached over to rub her head and she was on fire! Her temp had spiked back up again, this time it was 105/106....yikes, so...with the snow falling, and icy road conditions, we loaded her up in the car and took her to the ER. It was so slick out, and we had white out conditions for 3 or 4 miles, but finally that cleared, and we were able to see for the rest of the drive (see all the ice on the roads that is). I am happy to report, we made it safely down there...it took us over an hour and a half! whew! I am also happy to report that it was not strep, the flu or anything else serious, and they think she just caught another bug. (apparently they had 4 other kids in that night). So, with more medicine, a prescription for antibiotics (just to be sure), and a new cool air humidifier, we headed back home. After having a night of no sleep, we canceled our plans to watch the super bowl with grandma and grandpa and slept all day! What a week!
P.S. As of this post her temperature is almost back to normal (99/100) but she still has that pesky cough. Fevers can sure be scary!


8 comments:
Give her an extra cuddle...sounds like she's been really poorly. Hope Jordyn is feeling better soon.
I can take any kind of sick kid, but when they get a fever I get really nervous! Well done to you both for getting her to the ER and all.
Poor Jordyn (and Mommy and Daddy) I've never had to drive in the snow, much less in those conditions. Sure glad it wasn't anything too serious. And I'm sure she'll be back in the swing of things before you know it. She was a real trooper in the photo shoot! Pics are great! Hugs to all!
Wow. I'm glad you made it to the ER and back safely. I would be terrified, first of the 105 temp then at the obstacles to get to help. Glad she's on the mend.
And those photos are fabulous.
There's nothing worse then having a sick kid especially when they have fevers that high.
Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Poor soul, I do hope she's all better soon.
Hope she is feeling better. Poor baby.
I'm glad that her temp is almost back to normal. I hope she is better soon. Poor little tyke.
Going to the hospital in the middle of the night is bad enough, but your journey sounds horrendous! Thank goodness it wasn't serious, and I'm glad to hear you're all on the mend!
Post a Comment