Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 Photo of the Week : Week Five

 Frosty Afternoon
(photo taken in our backyard on February 5th and digitally painted in Photoshop)
For those of you new to my blog, each week, i take photos, then choose one to digitally paint in Photoshop or Corel Painter.  Im hoping to improve my skills in these programs by participating in this challenge i have created for myself :)
and speaking of challenges, here is another sketch i completed for the sketchbook challenge.  There are a lot of uploaded photos for this over on flickr, so check it out when you have some time ;)
I hope everyone is keeping warm...believe it or not, it has actually warmed up a bit here, albeit snowing...its no longer in the negative numbers (we had a low of -24 this week).
p.s. this is my 400th post, and i wanted to have a give-away...alas, i have nothing to give-away at the moment...guess i better get busy :)

4 comments:

Wilma Lee said...

You are so talented.

Salem Stitcher said...

I LOVE the tree. Absolutely. I have a thing about trees anyway...but that sketch...wonderful.

Marie Alton said...

Hi Lisa ... I always enjoy your artful pursuits ... the enhanced photo & the sketch are lovely! Congrats on your newest milestone ... you're bound to have 400 more ... and then some I'm sure!

Hugs ... Marie

Anonymous said...

Just love that sketch! I love how the lines are so bold.

Congrats on 400 posts!