Monday, September 28, 2009

Autumn Fun ~


I know its early, but Jordyn has been begging me for two weeks now to get out the Halloween decorations...and since it was such a gorgeous day, we decided to go for it!

Jordyn and Daddy had fun decorating our pirate pumpkin...the nice thing about these little plastic pieces, besides the fact that its like having a giant Mr. Potato Head, is that you can enjoy a decorated pumpkin all month without fear of it rotting!

They look rather pleased with the results...what do you think?

Afterwards it was time for a snack...so we cut into some of the pomegranates sent to us from friend and enjoyed them in the meadow.

Jordyn confiscated the bowl from Daddy, deciding she REALLY liked pomegranates!

She was soooo excited to drag out all the Halloween decorations, and immediately put on a pair of her holiday socks! Its very enjoyable for me to watch her tear into the boxes with excitement. It reminds me of my childhood...how excited we were to get out the decorations, playing with everything, and having fun deciding where to put it. How colorful and festive the house would look afterwards, and the joy it brought us. I see it all in her eyes, and its magical to me! After all...Halloween is my favorite holiday! :)

It was a wonderful weekend, filled with fabulous weather and some surprise visits from friends and family. This time of year always brings folks up here....the beautiful Fall colors, the crisp clean air, the last of the warm weather and a fun drive before winter approaches. I LOVE FALL!!! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend~

7 comments:

Karen said...

Now that's a pirate! How cute.

Salem Stitcher said...

And they should look proud and pleased. That is one sweet pirate pumpkin!

These photos are wonderful. The expressions on Jordyn's face are priceless.

Marie Alton said...

Ahhh ... fall! I love it too!

Must have something to do with the fact that I was born this time of year ... so I just feel great!

Fabulous Pirate! ... & love those socks!

Christine Thresh said...

I love the fall for the same reason Marie does -- I was born at this time of year.
Getting out decorations is one of the best parts of holidays.
Cool socks!

Lynda said...

Love the way Dad is doing all the work, while Jordyn leafs delicately through a book!

Anonymous said...

How adorable...and the pumpkin is cute too!! :o)

Great pictures!!

Wilma Lee said...

Love Halloween decorations!! Makes me miss having small children around.