
Book 4 of the 1% Well Read Challenge : A Room With A View by E.M. Forster
i tried to read this book several years ago, and just couldnt get into it. i decided to give it another try...after all, i hadnt seen the movie yet, and thought it would be fun to read the book first.
Well, im glad i stuck with it...once again, it started out really slow for me, but then it really picked up and i found i couldnt put the book down. Its hard to imagine living as they did then...the way women were treated, the pompous high society folk, their prudish ways...so it was fun to see Lucy's behavior in all of it. I loved the settings, and i look forward to seeing Forster's vision portrayed in the movie. Im glad i gave this book another try :) This was by far the best of the 4 books i have read for this challenge so far!
3 comments:
You're ahead of me with this book - perhaps I'll give it a try!
I have written down the title of this book to check it out at the library. I read more in the Fall and Winter than any other time, so I will get me some books lined up.
Thanks!
Ooh, I love that film - haven't seen it in years - must get a copy of it!
Post a Comment