Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ive Got the Blues....


Blue fabric that is...the fabric i ordered to complete the string quilt arrived. The batik fabric is for the border, and the snowflake flannel fabric is for the back. I ordered it thru fabric.com. Ive never ordered from them before, but they had a wonderful selection of flannel fabrics and at a reasonable price, so i gave them a shot. I am pleased with the fabrics, and will most likely order from them again...so if you are looking for flannel check em out!

Meanwhile, since Jordyn started preschool, naturally...she caught her first cold...which she generously passed on to us. She no longer has a fever, but a super runny nose, so she is staying home from school this week. I believe i have filled my flu quota for the decade, and decided to write off September along with August :) This bug was nothing compared to the one i had previously though! Most of my friends are dealing with colds right now...tis the season i suppose. Anyways, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having spoken to friends that have children all grown up and out of the house, they all agree that the time period they were most ill was when the children were at school. Seems it is a fact of life...or even a rite of passage! Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Lynda said...

My children brought home, colds, coughs, chickenpox and other illnesses, but the all-time dread was sickness and diarrhoea! They were poorly for about 24 hours, DH and I for several days!

Christine Thresh said...

You did not need a cold on top of your bout with the crud.
I hope you will both be fine very soon.
Children do bring things home from school -- artwork, stories, and colds, etc.