Sunday, September 13, 2009

String Quilt Squares...


Well, i am finally on the mend...apparently...to quote the doctor...i had, "the crud"! After an entire month and a 20 pound weight loss, I am feeling much better :) I still have moments of lightheadedness...but thats nothing compared to the way i felt a few weeks ago! Whatever this little virus was...it was miserable, and i hope no one else gets it.
Anyways, since i was feeling better...and Jordyn was off with the grandparents for the night, i decided to work on some of these string quilt squares...made entirely out of scraps! I won 64 of these from Kate back in January, but i want the quilt to be bigger, so im making a few more squares to add to it. This will be the first quilt i keep, so we are all excited about it! Justin wants a REALLY LARGE quilt that we can all curl up under on the couch in the winter, so a nice heavy quilt will be perfect...im even thinking of a flannel back to make it extra warm :)
Fall is definitely in the air...yesterday we woke up to 45 degree weather...so that has inspired me to finish the quilt too :)
Hope you all have a wonderfully creative weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Scary to lose that much weight from an illness! Your header picture is so cute :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh and I love what you are working on! Fun to do :o)

Bonnie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. It has to be the pits to feel bad for so long. Now you will have to buy new clothes. LOL

Christine Thresh said...

I'm glad you have recovered from the "crud."
Your string quilt blocks are so cheerful. They will make a lovely, big, cozy quilt.

Sheri said...

Glad to hear your feeling better.

Salem Stitcher said...

Yuck. The crud is bad. That's losing 20 pounds the hard way. I'm glad you're on the mend.

Love the strip blocks. They will make a great quilt especially with a flannel back. It'll be nice and heavy and warm. (Can you tell I'm ready for that 45 degree weather?)

Lynda said...

Glad it was nothing more serious than a virus! The string quilt will be fabulous!