
If you havent guessed by now, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday! Christmas is wonderful, but Fall being my favorite time of year, and October 31st also being my fathers birthday...it brings back fond memories of my childhood and the silliness that is Halloween! Not to mention I love any excuse to wear crazy clothes and costumes!
This is our newest addition to the festive decor, and for those of you that commented about the bear, we are hoping the little bells on witchy-poo will spook him off. (fat chance) She looks spectacular blowing in the breeze, and at night she is quite scary. Jordyn loves to peek out the window at her and see what shes up to.
Speaking of Jordyn, she is enjoying her visit at grandma's right now, so i am sewing away and enjoying the peace and quiet. This is what i worked on today...

Not much of a teaser i suppose...but a peek nonetheless. I am undecided on the binding...the dark blue, or the light color? I kind of like the openness of the light color, but i know some folks would probably hate to have a light edge due to dirt, etc. Any of you out there have a preference? I am pleased with the way this turned out, and may try it in some holiday colors for Christmas, however, im not a huge fan of paper-piecing, so i would probably stick with the washable stuff i used in this one. I cant imagine doing an entire bed quilt like this....yikes!

and finally, here is Jordyn having a very serious discussion with my garden gnome the other day. He's probably reprimanding her for stepping on all of his flowers!
Cheers~
9 comments:
Wow, that mini quilt looks GREAT. Seriously impressive! I was glad to see your post because I finished piecing my ALQS2 top last night, too. I hope to get a picture up soon!
Love the new wallpaper.
Great wee quilt. I've never tried paper piecing.
Cute picture of Jordan! Soo do you think the witchypoo will keep the bears away?
What a beautiful quilt. I would bind it in the dark blue, but that's just me.
Love the photo of Jordan
Love and hugs Gina xxx
The photo of Jordyn trying to climb the netting reminded me of my own little lovely, when she was about the same age, trying to climb onto a climbing frame which had been made for teenagers, while her older brother stayed firmly behind his mother's skirts! The minquilt is fabulous! The illusion is perfect.
Jordan is cute but your new look for Halloween on your blog is to die for! Lucky you to have a free day to sew.
for those of you that like my blog background i found it here...
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
its a cool site...enjoy!
oh, and thank you for all the kudos on my ALQS quilt :) im still taking suggestions about the binding....anyone...anyone....Bueller...Bueller?
ooh, it's lovely - wish it were coming to me :) maybe next time! after all, that's one of the perks of being in charge!!
Post a Comment