At the end of the game, i lead the girls in a cheer for the other team...something i did when i was a kid in California. Its not something they do here, but i liked that tradition from my childhood, so our team does it :) Two - Four - Six - Eight - Who do we appreciate....(opposing team name here, in this games case it was the Banana Splits) Banana Splits, Banana Splits, Yeah!
Then they head out under an arch created by all the parents, and they high five the parents as they go through. (this is a newer custom, that we didnt do as kids, but the parents and the kids seem to love it, and so do i) Good Game Girls!
And, of course, Jordyns #1 fan was there...Great Grandma Anita. She tries to make it to most of Jordyns games, and that makes Jordyn super happy! Jordyns other #1 fan, Christy, was also there to take all these great shots...Thanks Christy!
On Valentines Day, i purchased a wine tasting visit to Ten Bears Winery for Christy and i, so after the game we headed over to the winery to check it out.
It was such a gorgeous day, that we decided to take the table outside. They brought out a little plate of strawberries, cheese and crackers, humus and chocolate to taste with the wines.
We started with their sweet white called Symphony, then the Dry Riesling and then the Chardonnay. Then we tried their reds... a Merlot, then Poudre River Red, and finally Nutty LaPorte (a dessert wine).
I dont normally like ports, but the combination of hazelnut and chocolate in the Nutty LaPorte, was sweet and tasty, so i bought a bottle for Justin, then grabbed a Riesling and a Poudre River red for me.
Jordyn enjoyed playing in the rocks and creating some artwork...
and as you can see by her face, she enjoyed some of the strawberries as well :)
It was a great afternoon, and after those last few snowstorms, it was nice to sit in the sunshine!That evening, Jordyn rescued this little hummingbird that was dragged into the house by one of our cats. She carried him outside to set him free, but he sat on her hand for several minutes, enjoying the warmth of her hand and the safety from the cats. It was a very cool moment, and i was thrilled to capture it in a photo!












4 comments:
Your weather is so odd - blizzard one moment and blasing snowstorm the next. I'm glad you had a chance to play soccer though, as I'm sure the girls would be sorry to miss more games :) Very cool about the hummingbird. I remember going to the hummingbird aviary in the San Diego Zoo when I was a teenager or so and it was amazing to have them all around, landing on you, etc. This is cooler as it's in the wild, of course!
Sounds like Jordyns team is did a good job despite the loss. I love watching kids play soccer. I think it's so great that her great grandma attends and watches, how cool is that. Your wine tasting looked fun and relaxing after a busy game. I love wine tasting!! And that hummingbird, Jordyn is the animal whisperer. What a fantastic thing to have happen!!
It was a lovely day! I love watching the soccer games, they are so fun to watch play, and its fun seeing you coach them! I was so glad to be able to hang with you guys, thanks again for the wine tasting, that was money well spent! Miss you guys already! See you soon!
Jordyn is still keeping herself and you busy too, I see!!
Post a Comment