There are only about 6 graves, and only a few of them are marked. The one below is the marker for "Rattlesnake Jack". Its difficult to read, but it says...
My Good People, as you pass by
as you are now so once was I.
As I am now soon you shall be,
prepare yourself to follow me.
Its actually the marker for Mike Brinkhoff's father, Joseph F. Brinkhoff (Feb.15,1897 - March 21, 1970). You may remember Mike from our visit in February, when we drove up the mountain to sell him girl scout cookies :) Theres also a little iron cross next to it for his wife, Mikes mom, Linnie Bess "Polly" Powell Brinkhoff.as you are now so once was I.
As I am now soon you shall be,
prepare yourself to follow me.
Its a tiny cemetery, but its packed with a lot of history, and im glad it was fenced in to keep it preserved! We enjoyed visiting the past and thought you might enjoy the history too. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment