We were worried the cats might get a hold of him, so we gathered him up to take him somewhere safe...but first we had to visit Grandma. We had a large can to transport him in, but he immediately crawled up onto Justins arm, and remained there!
He was super friendly and especially liked the warmth of Justins skin, so after Grandma gave him a little treat, he fell fast asleep in Justins hand :)
While he was snoozing, we did some quick research to make sure we werent separating him from his mother, or siblings, then we found a nice place at the far end of the island and dug him a little hole to keep him safe from owls and other predators. He seemed to like it, but then went adventuring, so we let him be.
I hope he makes it! I also hope he doesnt come after our cats when hes fully grown....but he can have all the snakes and mice he wants! I doubt he'll stick around though, as ive never seen any weasels around here before....but what a treat it was to meet him yesterday!
Happy 4th of July!!!







5 comments:
I hope he makes it too! Nature has it's own way of protecting it's creatures ... but I suppose that where it is in the food chain might have some bearing on that!
Let's hope for this sweet creature's sake that it can evade it's predators.
HUGS ... Marie
How cute!
My kids would be tickled to find a furry friend like that.
What a treat! He didn't seem to mind all that attention :-)
This is just so cool that I had to look the little weasel up to see what he'd look like full grown. Thank you for sharing that - both my hubby and I found it fascinating. I do hope he doesn't go after your cats when he grows up though. Hopefully he'll remember that you helped him and won't be a bad boy!! Hugs!!
Is the phrase 'it was a teat to meet a weasel' an oxymoron? he looked harmless enough though!
Post a Comment