Monday, February 9, 2009

Early Valentines...


Haven't blogged in a while, so i thought id do a quick recap of whats been going on at the Black Bear~
I made a quick trip to Denver last weekend for my cousins house warming party and she sent me home with a giant goody bag full of valentines for Jordyn. Here she is hugging two of her new little treasures...a love bug and a fluffy white dog...both happily received! The pictures from the house warming party itself were frightening, so i wont scare anyone by posting them here :)
I made my very first cherry pie last week with the cherries from our sour cherry tree...and it was delicious! I am NOT a baker, so I used a ready-made pie crust, but the filling was my own. I have enough to make one more pie, so i look forward to that soon. Its always great making something from your garden...specially at this time of year!

I have not worked on any projects for the last two weeks :( Instead I've started my spring cleaning...a little early, but definitely needed! I have been working in my craft room, organizing, downsizing, and re-arranging. I'm almost finished...which is good, because the creative juices are flowing and i don't want them to go to waste!
In the meantime, I've been channeling that energy into some new recipes...trying to brighten up our winter doldrums with something new for our taste buds! New things to our menu...Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chinese Pork Ribs, and Mediterranean Chicken with Feta.
I like making simple recipes with ingredients i normally have on hand (since town is an hour away...so these were all great ones in my book!) If you have one you'd like to share, feel free to send it to me :)
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So glad your back. I missed you. What a treat to see your adorable little one enjoying an early Valentines. She is such a cutie. Wish I had your spunk to get to my spring cleaning, but I need longer days and more sunshine to get me motivated I think.

Salem Stitcher said...

I haven't been by in a while. Lots of stuff going on which is good. The pie looks great. I'm not much of a baker and pies are intimidating for some reason.

I have to tell you, the Halloween video was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She just took off and dumped all her stuff on the way, didn't she? She is too cute!

Dawn C said...

how is the potty training going?