
Well, after losing a week to some sort of bug i had, im back on the mend, and ready to create!
This unusual bug going around was new to me...i felt dizzy, anxious, nauseous, faint and exhausted! I was absolutely worthless for the last week...missed a date at the opera, and also missed several perfect weather adventures outside with Jordyn. (and no...im not pregnant). Light bothered me, i had severe headaches and my body felt worn down. Im still a little woozy, but feeling much better, so today...though a little windy, Jordyn and i played outside all afternoon, and then i came in and worked on the BQL Challenge for February.
Ive never really worked with strip piecing before, and it was quick and easy. Its amazing how different everyones project came out with the same pattern. Very versatile!
Ive been interested in combining the black and white fabric with brights ever since i did the crazy quilt swap on about.com. Im fairly pleased with the results, though i wish it was just a little more wonky...curse me for using patterns and rulers all these years, as it was hard to break away from that.
Anyways, i have finished cleaning my craft room.....woohoo...so now i hope to really get creating! Stay tuned!
7 comments:
I didn't know you were a member of BQL. Since when? I've still got to do mine - I've only just joined up as I really like February's challenge and want to try to make a complete quilt out of the block.
I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like it was an awful bug.
I love the block and the combination of black and green. very cool. And the new photo in your header is too precious!
Glad your back and feeling better - I missed you. I love the block you made, it's so fun and I love the colors too.
Hi Lisa ... wondered where you were! Glad to hear tht you're feeling better...and love this block! It really jumps ... neat combo of colours.
oh man, you were in the same boat as my girlfriend. glad you're back on the creative path and I'm jealous of your clean room because that's what I"m working on now...
Love the quilt-let - far nicer than mine - hope you feel better soon....
Glad you are on the mend..sounds like you had a doozy of a virus.
Like your BQL Block...I did January's but lost interest with February's...oh well ;o)
Post a Comment