Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life is a Bowl of Cherries!


My trip to Denver, albeit HOT, was wonderful! We enjoyed playing in the sprinkler, visiting with family, and we even went to a car show...a fundraiser for cancer.
I was able to do some embroidery while i was there, and i finished these up when i got home. Im finished with round two of the crazy quilt swap on about.com, so i can relax a bit! :) At least until the second round of the ALQS swap run by Kate. I decided to give it another go, so that will be my next swap project. I dont plan on doing any other swaps for the rest of the year...i want to get started on my Christmas gifts, which probably seems early, but i know how slow i can be :)
Anyways, this first square is for Cris. She wanted pastel embellishments, and i was working with blues, so i thought the watch face would be a fun touch. Its a bit unusual, but goes with the colors and the theme nicely...i hope she likes it.

These are the two Christmas blocks with the hunter green/cranberry color choice for Randi (in Italy) and Rebecca. I liked the way the gold brightened them up, so i threw a lot of that in there. The cherubs were to cute not to put in there, and since one of them is going to Italy, i thought it should definitely have a cherub! :)

And lastly, here is a photo i took of myself out in the yard on Monday. Usually, between the deer, the bear, the squirrel and the birds, we hardly ever get any of the cherries off of our dwarf tree. This year, however, we scored a couple pounds of cherries! Yummy! Anyone have any good sour cherry recipes for me? I need to bake them up or store them in the freezer real soon, so please send soon ;)

No comments: