Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Crazy Quilt Blocks


Here are the lovely blocks i received from the Crazy Quilt Swap on about.com. Arent they fabulous!!! I set them up in Photoshop so i could see what they will look like with a black border, however, i still have lots of embellishing of my own to do, so i wont be sewing them together for a while. The photos themselves arent the best, as it was nighttime, and the shiny fabrics were hard to photograph...but since i plan to take before and after shots of my hand work, i think these will work. Also, ignore the sewn markers...those were the embellishing bounderies, and i havent removed them yet :)
I am in between swaps right now...i know, i said i wasnt going to do any for a while to get caught up on all my UFO's, but i couldnt pass up another crazy quilt swap. This time my theme is christmas colors. Should be fun!
Anyways, while i am between swaps, i have been enjoying our wonderful weather...and my garden is pretty happy too. Here is an iris blooming in my garden (for the first time). I manipulated it a bit in Photoshop. Dont you just love the colors of summer!

4 comments:

Colene said...

Those crazy blocks look great together!

Ozjane said...

Oh that Iris is glorious. I actually might have some this year as they seem to be surviving the drought and were probably getting too much water where they were around a pond.

Love the crazy quilt blocks.
I have some from a swap to do something with. Mine are a bit varied so I may be resorting to tea dying to get some common ground, especially with the fluros.
I asked for soft gentle autumn colors and no fluro colors, but I sometimes think it is tantamount o actually asking for them.
I had to be brave and start a Christmas stocking round robin in crazy last night....have not done any for a couple of years so it was a real step of bravery.

Lynda said...

Swaps can be a mixed blessing, but it looks like you did very well on this one! The blocks are fabulous!

Karen said...

I have popped over to visit your blog. It is a very interesting read. Your blog name is evidently very aptly named as I see a picture of a baby bear in your back yard!
The crazy quilt block exchange is very interesting. I looked back to see the ones you made. Good job.