Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Its Here...My ALQS quilt!


Hurrah!!! While i was camping, a package arrived for me from the Isle of Man! Loulee, a friend i met in blogland, rcvd my name in the ALQS, and this is the lovely quilt she created for me. Isnt it wonderful...sooo very bright and cheery! And look, she even hand embroidered a label for it on the back, conveniently titled, "friendship"!

A quilt from anyone participating in the swap would have been great, but the fact that its from someone i blog with already, makes it extra special! Other goodies were also included in the package...some lovely batik fabrics, a fun souvenir wall hanging of the Isle of Man, and of course some candy buttons...which you can see, have already been torn open to sample :) Jordyn has already gobbled up one bag!
This is the first quilt i have ever received as a gift, so it is quite a treasure to me! Thank you VERY much Loulee! I love it! And thank you Kate, for putting together such a wonderful swap. Now...looks like i better get back to work on mine :)
Cheers~
lisajo

3 comments:

sophie said...

Wow. It's lovely.

loulee said...

So glad you like it Lisa Jo, I loved being able to make something for someone I 'know' through my own blog. Enjoy the batiks. I know Kate said we didn't have to do extras, but I couldn't resist, especially the buttons and the Isle of Man souvenier.

AmyB said...

Love, love it! What a great shade of blue. I'm so anxious to meet mine :)