Thursday, May 1, 2008

ALQS teaser



Since the ALQS (Another Little Quilt Swap)is supposed to be a surprise, i will post little teasers as my quilt progresses, but dont want to give away too much just in case my rcvr is lurking :)
The photo looks a little blue...but the colors are actually purples and lavenders.
I havent finished cutting out all the fabric, but hope to get to that today (when the little one is napping). Two folks have already finished their quilts and mailed them out...wow! Talk about being WAYYYY ahead of the eight ball! The mailing deadline is July 1st, so i still have plenty of time...but it would be nice to get it done fairly early, so i can mail it out and dont have to worry about it :)

Meanwhile...more typical Colorado weather...



This is a photo from yesterday...a beautiful Spring day! It was our first sighting of a hummingbird at our feeder (a ruby throat)...i had heard them buzzing around the day before, so i made some juice to have ready for them, and sure enough...if you build it they will come :)
Jordyn enjoyed playing outside in the ditch (which is running...another sure sign of Spring)...and then we had a visit from the deer...ah yes, Spring is definitely in the air! Or is it?.......



This is what it looks like today! :) Hmmm........guess i better get the snowsuits back out!

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Looks a bit like the weather we've been having here in the UK! Not so much the snow bit, but we've had, sun, torrential rain, freezing wind and hail, often in the one day! The purples look delectable.

sophie said...

Those pretty purples look like they;d be perfect for a little quilt for Colene . . . whomever they're for--I'm sure it's going to be a beauty.

Chrisitine said...

Nice pictures, and great weather. Winter is really trying to hold on. it snowed here too in the mtn areas, but we just got super cold rain and cloudy skys for days :) miss ya & love ya, love all the purple too!

Kate North said...

I had to laugh at myself - I looked at those deer and thought - gosh, those are really realistic looking deer statues to have in your yard - then realised they were real deer - d'oh.

As for the ALQS, you are welcome to show as much of your work as you like - no one but you knows who you are making a quilt for (well, except me, of course!) so even if h/she is lurking, they won't know it's for them... Just don't say who your partner is!

Colene said...

Hmmmm I was thinking exactly what Sophie was thinking. They;d be perfect for a little quilt for ME! LOL

loulee said...

Lucky you to be visited by the wildlife though.

Purple looks interesting.

Candid Carrie said...

Cute site, awesome pictures. I am in Wisconsin and we've got fifty and sixty degrees one day and snow the next. I was so facinated by the deer that I couldn't even find the hummingbird. It was like a way cool Where's Waldo search but with a nature twist.

I used to quilt until I had a gazillion kids, now I scrapbook and pretend I am quilting (ssh, don't tell other scrapbookers that because they think I am totally into it).

Unknown said...

HI! After you came over to visit my blog, I thought I should do the same. OKAY your spring is waaaay off from mine, but I bet your summer is gorgeous and cool compared to CT. BTW I love purples, too!! Looks like your partner could be any one of us, eh?

I'm glad Kate said go ahead and show off what you are working on, cause it was bothering me not to show. So all of us purple-lovers will be watching...