
Here are a few squares i made for the crazy quilt swap on about.com. There were four color choices...black and white, cream and white, all colors, or jewel tones. Then each person had their choice of color embellishments. We each make 9 (10 if you include the one you make for yourself). Most of the women chose the cream and white combination, one chose all color and two black and whites. I picked the jewel tone combo with gold and black embellishments.

We are supposed to add at least two embellishments...we may add more, but we are supposed to leave some room for the rcvr to add their own fabric goodies, so i tried not to go too crazy. I have most of the squares sewn, but only two completed, so i guess ill post more pics as i go. I didnt think i would like the black and white combo, but it sure is striking once sewn together. Both of the rcvrs wanted any color embellishments and one wanted silver included. I stayed monochromatic, but this way the rcvr of the squares can add the colors they need to tie the whole quilt together.
Besides, it was fun adding more black and white goodies to the squares :) I also finished embroidering the vintage quilt squares my great grandmother made. It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted, so ill wait to post pics of that. My moms crazy quilt for mothers day is almost finished...just want to add a few more items, so im waiting to take a photo...but stay tuned, i will have lots of goodies to show soon!

I have to start prepping for a camping trip next weekend...one of our SCA adventures, so that should be fun....but it means a break from my projects. :( Thats okay though...theres nothing quite like camping with costumes, pavilion tents, drums, and fine food! :) Thanks for stopping by!
2 comments:
Love the picture of Jordyn smelling the roses.
Enjoy your camp.
I too have been working in black and white (and red!) I bought a lot of black and white fabrics for a project which didn't get started, and now love the way they look. Your embellishments are super.
Post a Comment