
Can you believe it has been almost a year since Kate started this swap on about.com! The Birthday Block of the Month Swap has been challenging and fun! May is the last month...and the theme is Mardi Gras, so i may try my hand at some applique....but i digress...this is the block for Miss April, which just happens to be Kate. We could make any block size and any block style, with a black background and tonal brights. This is the open boxes pattern from quilters cache, i love this patern, though it is paper pieced, and i hate peeling off the paper! I made one back in January but it had a white background, so i was curious to see it in black this time. I like the way it turned out, and i hope Kate does too!
On another note...being Colorado...it was 83 degrees yesterday, but dont get too comfortable...today the high was 27 and it snowed all day! Looks like another snowman in our future!
Happy Quilting!
lisajo
5 comments:
I love those colours together.
Yummy block! I thought about you when I saw the snow on TV... and then smiled when I looked out MY window where it was bright and warm :)
The block is sensational! I was very impressed with all the matching of points, and agree that ripping off foundation papers is so tedious (not to say messy!) but definitely worth it in the end.
Beautiful block!!! Love the pink and black.
That is really stunning. I love that kind of contrast. I need to make something like that I think. It is reminding me of a Convergence quilt. Hmm...
Post a Comment