Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Miss January


This is the latest quilt square for the Birthday Block Swap. Miss January wanted a 12 inch block in cream and bright batiks in no particular design...anything goes! I thought i would give paper piecing a try again, and this block on quilters cache caught my eye - "Open Boxes". I thought it would look pretty done with the batiks so i hope she likes it! I have mixed feelings about paper piecing...its incredibly time consuming and picking the paper off is a pain, but it is precise and the patterns for PP are quite fetching...perhaps i should try it with the kind of paper that doesnt have to be removed. Otherwise, i couldnt imagine doing an entire quilt in this style. Anyways, the grandparents have the little one today, so i better get back to quilting while i can! :)
cheers~
lisajo

3 comments:

Kate North said...

It's gorgeous, Lisa Jo. I'm sure she'll love it.

Lynda said...

I agree with you about paper piecing - fantastically accurate results with all points meeting, but very slow going, and picking all the paper off is enough to drive you insane! I have resorted to some very light Vilene in the past, but it makes the blocks slightly bulky for quilting. Also agree, that I couldn't fancy a whole quilt made like this, either!

Lynda said...

PS Forgot to say - I love the block and the colours are to die for!