Monday, May 22, 2017

Wax Museum ~

 The kids had their Wax Museum today and it was awesome!  They were supposed to have it on Friday, but the snowstorm bought them a whole weekend to get their costumes and speeches perfected, so the kids rocked it!  The 5th graders picked famous Americans in history, and the 4th graders picked famous Coloradoans in history.
 You walked around the "museum" and pushed the "button" by a famous figure, and the button would turn on the "wax figure" and that wax figure would tell you all about themselves.
 The kids did a great job, and families and the other classes came to enjoy the exhibit!  Here's Andrea portraying Helen Keller.  She even pretended to be blind...I'm telling you, these kids totally got into character!
 Jordyn rocked it as Jackie Robinson!  We borrowed Uncle Lynn's old baseball uniform, which was awesome because it came from the same era as Jackie Robinson, so it worked perfectly!  She also nailed her speech and was one of only about 4 kids that had their speech totally memorized!  Way to go kiddo...I was sooo proud!!!  Here are a few more of my favorites...
 Tariq was dressed as Ben Franklin and he looked fabulous!
 Kaisen also looked great as Paul Revere!
 And lets not forget Davy Crocket by Blake!
What a great activity!  Mr. Ross introduced this to the school when he started here, and its one of my favorite things!  I will miss this next year when I leave!

No comments: