Thursday, May 25, 2017

Virtual Reality Goggles, a Canoe and a Job ~

 With only one more day of school left, the kids are pretty antsy, so what better way to spend the last technology class than with a virtual reality tour of some cool places they've been learning about!
 These were a big hit with the kids as well as the teachers, and I was thrilled to offer this to the class...especially since I wasn't able to get the 3D printer for printing.
 Meanwhile, the 5th graders worked on their legacy project.  Each year the 5th grade class chooses something they want to make or create to leave at the school for future kids to enjoy and remember them by.  This year they decided to replace the old canoe that used to be on the school grounds.  They painted it, filled it with dirt, and planted some plants inside.  Then they all signed their names on it.




 Look how cool it came out...what a great project!  

Its still hard to believe that Jordyn and I wont be returning to this school.  We've spent many years here, and I will miss everyone.  This place is like home to me and I love all the people I work with.  But speaking of jobs...in January I told the principal that I was looking for full time work.  After all, if Jordyn is going to be heading down the mountain, theres no reason for me to stay here unless I can get full time.  Well, today I was offered the Media/Tech position at Stove Prairie.  But besides that I will also receive para hours to make my shifts 30 hours a week which qualifies me for full time/benefits, etc at Stove.  I was hoping for 40, but I will also receive mileage, so that sort of makes it all worth it in the end.  So even though I'm sad to be leaving Red Feather, I'll still get to work with this team on occasion, because I'll still be in one of the mountain schools.  (There are 3 mountain schools with one principal, so I'll still be in the same group, just at a different school.)  I'm thrilled to be chosen, as our old principal, Matt, is leaving, and I didn't know if I would get an opportunity with the new principal, so I am excited to still be in the Poudre School District.  Anyways, I went home, talked it over with Justin, and then when Matt called that afternoon I told him I would take the job.  So new adventures on are on the horizon!!!  For both Jordyn and I.

No comments: