I started doing this in 2008 and now its become a bit of a tradition, so here goes...
(p.s. some of this was written earlier in the day, and some of it later in the evening)
I'm feeling...So very lucky and fortunate to be surrounded by my awesome family! Lucky for walking away from that accident yesterday, and fortunate that my family was there to swoop in and take care of us...picked us up from the scene, took us to their home, fed us dinner, and then took us home (to Christy's house). They even loaned me a car so i won't have to worry about transportation for a while! Uncle Jim, Aunt Gwen, Chad and Greg...Thank you sooo very much! And to my Uncle Lynn for swinging by the next morning to take us to get the loaner car...you all had so many other things going on and you dropped them all to take care of us...you made me feel SPECIAL and LOVED too!
I'm seeing...a winter wonderland! Everything looks so white and beautiful! We drove home from Christy's in our loaner Honda Civic, and it was a gorgeous day! It was below 0 when we were in our accident, so it was nice to drive home the next day in 25 degrees and lots of sunshine! It actually felt toasty warm to us and we didnt even need our coats! As i drove on I-25, i enjoyed following the gorgeous white capped mountains all the way to Fort Collins. A lovely view indeed!
I'm thinking...about all our frozen pipes! Thats right...before we left for the pot belly, it seems our main bathroom has some backed up frozen pipes! The shower, the washing machine, the toilet and the sink are not draining! doh! But as Justin said...we are not going to think about that...we are going to go out and have fun, and worry about the pipes tomorrow! So thats what im going to do!
Instead I will think about how this is my first NYE without Jordyn! We usually all stay home, but this year I dropped her off at Grandma and Grandpa Bruens house in Fort Collins on my way home today. I know she will have a blast with them, so Im not sad...just realized that this is a sign of things to come! When my daughter will be too cool to spend her New Years with her parents, but instead will be going to spend it with friends instead! She is growing up fast and I am so proud of her!
I'm appreciating...the fact that we all walked away from that accident! I know i keep mentioning it, but it did just happen yesterday, so it's sort of number one on my mind right now! I appreciate having a wonderful daughter and the best friend ever...two of my most favorite people in the world, safely walking away from that very scary car accident with me! I consider yesterday to be one of the best days ever!
I'm cooking...NOTHING! Tonight we are headed over to the Pot Belly! Justin is playing some music there tonight with Lynn Johnson, Spook and a few others, so it should be fun! We usually do a seafood feast up at Aunt LeAnns, but instead she will be joining us up at the pot belly too :) In fact, i barely had time to get ready for the gig. Got home at 6:15 and we are leaving at 6:45! They have a special menu tonight...New York Strip, Salmon Fettucini Alfredo, or Pork Loin. Gumbo soup, a salad, and shrimp cocktail for appetizers! Im planning on the Salmon and Justins gonna have the steak! And the best part...the band and their wives eat (and drink) for free! A great way to kick off the new year! :)
I'm planning...To go home early tonight! While im excited to be going somewhere for the first time in years for NYE, I am utterly exhausted from the high emotions that we experienced yesterday from the accident! Part of me is really excited to climb in my own bed to sleep and part of me wants to share in Justins fun at the Pot Belly, so i will compromise and eat good food, listen to great music, and then go home early to get cozy by the fire and watch my NYE traditional movie, Trading Places! :)
I'm reading...The Fiery Cross (book 5 in the Outlander series) by Diana Gabaldon. I havent read any of her books in a while and i thought it would be fun. Im about 1/2 way through the book though and growing tired of her story...it seems to be dragging, and i have several other books i would like to read, so im anxious to finish it and move on. It does have some fun parts though!
I'm wearing...Well, i was dressed in festive clothes for the pot belly gig...black jeans, a sparkly black top and my new scarf i got from Denise for Christmas (the one from Solvang), and the new earrings i purchased at the DAM. But once i got home i quickly changed into some warm sweat pants and a sweatshirt (it was 3 degrees outside and only 58 inside, so it was chilly). I always end up in sweatpants come midnight! :)
I'm creating...lots of things, as usual! I have several projects in the wings waiting for me, but school has kept me busy and i havent had much time to dedicate to them. I am getting interested in jewelry making, and did find time to make a pair of earrings for someone for Christmas. I would like to do more of that and have slowly been stocking up on supplies. I really do love to work with my hands creating things for people! I have a few miniature quilts to finish up, but those are for me, so it will be a while before i get to them. Also, Santa put some water color paper in my stocking...so it would be nice if i could start painting again too!
I'm hearing...the band play Not Fade Away...one of my favorites, and the last song for me for the evening as i went home right after. It was great to see some friends, have a great meal and then listen to the guys jam for a while, but i'm beat! I am glad i got to hear that song before i left though! :)
I'm enjoying...My job as a preschool teacher! We have some terrific kids this year and i just love working with them! Its wonderful to watch them learn and grow and all the hugs are an added bonus! This being our second year, things are much easier and running smoother. We have added some new things to the program that i am really proud of, and I cant ask for more than that! Its great to go to work when you love your job!
I'm sharing...Some pictures of tonight's fun at the Pot Belly! What a great night! Happy New Year Everyone!!!
May 2015 fill your hearts with love, laughter, health and prosperity and bring peace to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment