Sunday, August 31, 2014

Spring Rolls and reptile rescue ~

Jordyn and Justin took the little box turtle to the Colorado reptile rescue yesterday...Jordyn was sad to see him go, but happy to see he has a great place to live with lots of fellow turtle buddies to keep company with.  Apparently turtles cant survive when released into the wild after living in captivity, they go on a "death march"...where they just walk and walk and walk trying to get back to their home...they dont stop to eat or anything, so they end up dying searching for home. How sad...i cant believe someone just dumped him in the canyon...im soooo glad he was rescued though...way to go Justin!
Meanwhile, I've been enjoying the weekend before preschool starts!  Trying to catch up on some projects, quilting, blogging, scrapbooking, cleaning and trying a few new recipes!  I absolutely LOVE spring rolls and have always wanted to try making them....so i attempted them today, and they turned out rather good!  I have some different veggies I'd like to try adding next time...and i need to work on my wrapping skills, but the family seemed to like them, so yeah!  By the way...those two sauces mixed together are the bomb!  :) 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Oh man you are a talent, those spring rolls look delish. Sad about what happens when a turtle is dumped. I don't get people who do that to any animal.