Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jordyn the Jester and Poet ~

 With a chance of snow tomorrow, i figured we better get outside to take our annual Halloween portraits of Jordyn.  Its absolutely stunning up here right now, so i hope the colors stick around for a bit!  Anyways, my little canyon clown was more than happy to pose for a few pictures...
 but just a few...after about 5 minutes she was bored and super goofy, and then we had our annual "mom yell at Jordyn to smile and sit still" photo shoot!  :)
 But thats okay...because i proceeded to keep shooting while she was being goofy, and those are some of my favorite shots!


 I had to include a toothless shot...
 and of course this one looks like shes standing in front of a fake backdrop...but thats how gorgeous it is up here right now...unbelievable!
 This one says, "ATTITUDE!!!!"
 "Alright...im getting really bored now mom"...her favorite thing to say to me when i bust her for being wild and obnoxious..."but mom, im just trying to have some fun"
 And then i get the goofy face...which apparently cracks her up.....

 What can i say...shes a good sport for her photo obsessing mommy!  Thanks Jordyn...I LOVE you!
And now for her poem she wrote today after our photo shoot.....

August

Leaves turn red and yellow and orange in the fall.  Then the bears collect berries like 
chokecherries.  Squirrels collect many nuts in the fall.  Birds fly south for the winter.
People stay for fall.  They do not collect many nuts.  They do not collect berries.
They do not fly south for the winter.
They stay.

1 comment:

Marie Alton said...

OMG ... I love the coustume! And I see the true jester in her coming out!

Great poem ... I love fall!

Hugs ... Marie