Heavy snow was expected last night, so it wasnt really a surprise this morning when the phone rang...no school today due to weather, aka SNOW DAY!!! Snow days are such a treat...we get to sleep in, lounge in our pjs and curl up by the fire. Of course, playing in the snow is fun too!
We have about 18 inches out there so far, and the snow is still falling. We are expected to get another 5 inches or so throughout the day, so we shall see. Justin is excited to replenish our sled run, as the snow was almost completely melted away.
I love days like today, especially when i dont have to drive anywhere. Im curled up on the couch with a mochaccino and a good book. Im reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, and im almost finished with it.
Jordyn is playing polly pockets and pony rescue, and i think theres even some mermaids involved in the adventure. Meanwhile, the cats are not too happy with the snow...they went out for about 2 minutes and decided it was not for them. They are pouting on their cat tower right now, but im sure theyll be chasing each other around the house later. Two sibling kittens are sooo much fun!
Well, it looks like the start of a beautiful 3 day weekend! Hope its warm and cozy where you are...looks like Punxsutawney Phil was right.





6 comments:
Dog gone that is a lot of snow. I like your idea though of staying in PJ's and drinking yummy warm drinks and reading and just enjoying a lazy day of it. The sun is shining here and I always feel guilty to not be active on a beautiful day. But my body says no, so I shall listen. Hugs and stay warm!!
Read the rest of the series. I did, fantastic!!
Enjoy the snow. We just have freezing temps, but no snow.
Beautiful snow pictures. Sheri (northern quilter)
Hi Lisa ... just catching up a bit on things that have been going on.
Oh boy ... now that's some snow! Most we've had has been a few inches here & there ... which is kinda scarey ... and probably the effects of global warming! While it makes for minimal shovelling ... I wonder what that will translate to come spring.
Chuck E Cheese ... now that's a blast from the past! Only suffered through one BD party there with one of the kids ... but I sooo remember the noise & general pandemonium.
Re Jen ... glad that she's out of the woods ... but am sure it was a scarey event for all of you.
Must say that I like your new "blog look" ... and Jordyn's new bedroom look. I'm sure her new quilt will be way cool! The fabrics are lovely.
Hugs ... Marie
The snow is beautiful!! WE have had the mildest winter here since I moved to the NC mountains.
Do you like the Tattoo book? dave started reading it and didn't like it, but I have friends who said it was great. What's your opinion?
So I guess you win with the best snow day! We are getting our first snow of the season now...4 inches is all we are predicted to get! LOL it's quite laughable!
Post a Comment