Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thoughts for Today and the New year ~


I started doing this a few years ago and i really enjoy looking back on them...so here goes.....

I'm feeling...Ready to tackle a new year!  The last 4 months were jam-packed with activities, parties, appointments and holiday engagements, so my creative talents have been on hold for a while.  I am really anxious to get back into painting (i havent been to a watercolor meeting in over 3 months) and id like to try out some new crochet patterns i purchased.  Basically, im ready to start creating again!!!

I'm seeing...a lot of home improvement projects for me in the future...Jordyns room will be redone, and id really like to tackle both bathrooms.  When you live in a 90 year old cabin, there are bound to be constant repairs!  This place is worth it though, and we are sooooo lucky to live here :)  Wish me luck!

I'm thinking...About the fabulous vacation we had in California last month, and im hoping we can plan another trip there again soon. 

I'm appreciating
...how blessed we are and soooo thankful for the food on the table, a roof over our head, a healthy family and a happy heart.  I wish everyone these things for 2012!

I'm cooking
...Crab legs!  We will be joining Justin's Aunt LeAnn across the meadow for dinner, and we will be having a seafood medley!  Lobster, shrimp and crab legs!  Yummmm!

I'm planning...to get back on my Jillian Michaels workouts...though tough, they sure made me feel stronger, and since i have lost 15 pounds, i think some of those work outs might be a little easier for me :)  Im working on a heart healthy diet too...Ive dropped my cholesterol over 100 points, and want to continue in that direction.  So look out 30 day shred...here i come...again!  :)

I'm reading
...nothing at the moment...though i have three books on my nightstand...The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Sword of Shannara, and The Greater Journey:Americans in Paris.  They all look like fabulous books, but i havent been in a reading mood lately.  However, Jordyn and i have been enjoying the Little House in the Big Woods and some Junie B. Jones books.

I'm wearing
...my pajamas...thats right, im still in my pajamas (we all are)...but not for long...in a few hours, we will get dressed and headed up to Aunt LeAnns house...though i imagine it will not be your typical fancy new years getup...something more along the lines of jeans and a sweatshirt  :)  Gotta love the mountains!

I'm creating
...lots of memories with this blog and my camera...i hope you are enjoying our adventures at the black bear cabin.  I hope to do even more creating in 2012!

I'm hearing
...Jordyn sing and play while taking a bath...she has sharks, ponies, rubber ducks and unicorns in the tub, and it sounds like they are on a grand adventure!

I'm enjoying...a tea party Jordyn invited us to in her room earlier...take a good look at that little car bed as it will be retired soon and she will be moving up to a big girl bed in 2012!  The time seems to be flying by, but we are enjoying each new stage of Jordynworld!  She definitely keeps us young at heart!


I'm sharing...the final installment of the Photo of the Week for 2011...Week Fifty Two~
Week Fifty Two : Sled Ready
On this photo i used an antique action in Photoshop to mute the colors. Its a simple picture, so i wanted to keep the digital work simple too.  The challenge i set for myself in 2011 was quite educational.  I was forced to come up with something each week...even when i hadnt done much, therefore, it made me stretch myself as an artist and photographer.  I tried a lot of new techniques, and perfected some older ones.  I became more familiar with my camera and even added a new lens to the mix.  I used both Corel Painter and Adobe Photoshop, though i tend to favor Photoshop...if only because i am more familiar with it.  My hope is to broaden my Painter skills in the future, but i definitely enjoyed this challenge and i hope you did too!  I am sad that this challenge is over, but i definitely plan to create a new challenge/challenges for me in 2012, so stay tuned!

Heres wishing all of you a healthy, happy, safe New Year, filled with Joy and Laughter!!!  Cheers~

5 comments:

Marie Alton said...

Hi Lisa ... I've totally enjoyed your creative adventure this past year ... snd look forward to what you come up with in 2012!

All the Best to you & yours!

Hugs ... Marie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post...far better than a list of resolutions!

As ever I enjoy your blog and pictures and look forward to seeing more.

Happy 2012!

Tammy said...

Happy New Year Lisa, I so love following your blog and reading all the fun things you are up to. You are a busy family that is for sure. I'm looking forward to reading your adventures for 2012 and hearing all about your home remodels - sounds like you have just a few things to keep you very busy, oy vey!!

Lynda said...

We too had a lovely Christmas and New Year, but now I feel ready to clear away the decorations and get back to normal! Happy New year and a happy, healthy, quilty 2012!

Susan Elliott said...

15 pounds!!! Congratulations! That's terrific.

I have enjoyed your photo of the week this year and am very impressed that you accomplished your goal!!

I also enjoyed reading your list...I might try finishing the same sentences in a private reflection. So thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Have a New year full of joy, health and creativity!

Love and love, Susan