Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Annual Catch and Release...

   I forgot to share these photos earlier this month, so im sharing them now...
  Every year Justin and Jordyn fish out any trout that are too big to survive in our pond during the winter months and they release them in the main river.  They have a lot of fun and are quite good at it!  Who needs a fishing pole anyways :)
 Look at that big brown trout...isnt he awesome!

 You can see Jordyns hand was still swollen from the wasp sting in this photo...that ice cold water actually helped with the swelling :)
 And here we see a very happy trout ~
 This last photo is hard to decipher, but the first cat thought it would be a good idea to run across the pond (thinking it much shallower), and so the other cat, after much consideration and not wanting to be upstaged, decided she had to follow.  Go kitty, GO!

2 comments:

Country Whispers said...

Evidently those cats must like the water or else they were just awful determined.
Catching those fish look fun ~ I know my kids would have a blast trying to catch them without a pole.

Tammy said...

What fun, next year I'll bring my fly rod and catch them for ya, and of course release them into the river. I'm a catch and release kinda gal - I don't clean fish - I like to buy them ready to eat. Great pics!!