Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Quilting ~

I decided to finally work on Jordyn's I-spy quilt in hopes to have it finished for Christmas.  She has been anxious to peruse the quilt squares, so i let her help me set them out.  I decided it was missing a few more personal pieces, so naturally, i placed an order today for some more squares.  (Cat in the Hat, Popcorn, Dinosaurs, and a violin...a few of Jordyn's favorites).  This is a photo of the squares before they were sewn together.  I had all these great ideas for patterns, sashing, a rainbow layout etc...but i really just liked it random, so thats the way im going with it.  Any suggestions for border colors?  When finished, this should be a Twin size quilt for her when she gets her big girl bed.  I let her help with this stage, but i plan to work on the rest of it in secret and hopefully it will be wrapped under the tree for her come December 25th!  Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Best of luck! As for a border.. This would be great with or without a border and because there are so many different fabrics, just about any would do! Depending on Jordyn's favourite one.. Royal blue would go well, or Christmas Red.. or anything really. This is going to be a favourite for years to come, especially because she has helped put it together herself! Great project!

Lynda said...

I agree with Rafael's Mum. Any colour would be great, but remember, the colour of the border will determine the colour of the quilt. A blue border will bring out all the blues, a red one will bring out the reds etc. It depends what overall effect you want to make.