Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wildflower Wednesday


These have recently sprung up everywhere, the Narrow-Leaved Penstemon. They are part of the figwort family. (meaning, they look very similar to many other figwort family flowers)

I have been looking for these...we had two at the end of our driveway, and i was very excited...then about a week later, 10 more popped up. These Mariposa Lilies are very beautiful in person!

Ive been told these are Golden Tickseed...they have sprung up all over the mountainsides, adding color to a normally brown rocky landscape. The splashes of yellow all over the mountains are quite a refreshing change! The rain has certainly brought about some lovely new colors this year, and i love it :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I always enjoy the wildflowers pictures as the species are so different then what we have in the midwest.

Tammy said...

I love Wildflower Wednesdays, not only am I learning about wildflowers, but it's also nice to see what nature gives us that we don't even have to plant.