
Book #3 for me in the 1% Well Read Challenge is Beloved by Toni Morrison
This book was very good, very dark, and very disturbing! Its about slavery/life after slavery and all of the horrors that entails. It took me a while to get into the style of her writing, but once i did, it was a page turner...and frightening and depressing after each page. I wont read this book again...as i said, it was depressing...but an eye opener for sure! A reminder of a world we never want to see repeated! There were two sections of the book towards the end that nearly lost me...the story was really moving along great...and then Morrison threw in this bizarre dream/poem sequence that really stopped the flow of the story for me...but since i was so close to finishing, i trudged on, and then the book picked up again. Over my head, i guess, but i just didnt get it. But on the whole, the book was very good.

Meanwhile, i promised something quilty...well, this is a teaser of the doll quilt im swapping on about.com. The top is nearly finished, but i didnt want to give away the surprise just yet. So stay tuned!
1 comment:
I'm just getting caught up on my reading...when you posted on my 1% well-read book, I realized that I had missed your last two posts, so here I am reading which books you've read...
This one is on my bookshelf and it always shows up on lists of books to read...maybe one day...thanks for the warning though...
BTW, I'm proud of you for sticking through...I have to go see which other books are on your list....
Post a Comment