Monday, January 12, 2009

Snowmen and a Hafla...must be January!


Here they are...two of three snowmen ive made for Ellie's block of the month. I figure if i do three a month, then perhaps i can keep one, and have two extras for Christmas gifts...but we shall see how determined i am :) They are tiny, so the work goes pretty quickly. I havent embroidered the "January" strips yet, but im waiting to sew it all together so i have enough to put into an embroidery hoop.

Ive also included the link on my sidebar, so feel free to check it out and join along if you like.

Justin and i went to an SCA event this weekend...Winter Oasis. Its a Middle Eastern hafla, along with classes, a feast, and fantastic company!
Jordyn spent the night at grandma and grandpas house, so we had a full evening of adult company :) The winter months keep us cooped up on the mountain, so we havent seen a lot of our friends since summer, so all of us look forward to getting together at Oasis. As you can see, fun was had by all...



On another note, i finished the Hobbit, and it was fabulous! Fast, exciting, and a fun read! I cant believe it took me all these years to finally sit down and read it! Ive also ordered several new books on the recommendation of many of you, so i look forward to getting those in the mail. Right now im reading "Remember Me"? by Sophie Kinsella, another new author for me...and entertaining so far. Well, im off to do some more reading! Cheers~

7 comments:

Dawn C said...

The henna looks lovely - here they just smear it on your hands and feet.... happy new year!

loulee said...

The tattoo looks very pretty.
And so do your snow men. Good luck with doing three of them. I opted for several different projects rather that 3 the same! LOL

Salem Stitcher said...

The Oasis looks like a lot of fun and I love the henna...very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun event...just what one needs in the depths of winter ;o)

Wilma Lee said...

Looks like you had a great time. Love the henna tattoo.

Karen said...

The snowman blocks are adorable!
The henna tatoo is beautiful.

Sheri said...

The clothing is beautiful! Looks like everyone was having a great time.
I've never read the Hobbit. It was my late brother's favorite. I should try reading too.