Monday, September 8, 2008

Crazy Quilt, Fabrics and a Ghost Town


Hurrah...my blocks arrived from the second round of the crazy quilt swap on about.com, and i just love them :)
I was trying on different colors for sashing, and i think i like this dark red best...what do you think? I played around with the images in Photoshop to help decide on the color. I love that program! Be sure to click on the picture for a larger image to see all the lovely stitching and details. Some of the squares still have the basted border, so ignore those :) Also, one of the squares was made by me, so naturally it hasnt been decorated at all yet!

Im also participating in an I-spy swap, and these are some of the fabrics i ordered for it. I have some coming from different stores online, so ill post those when they arrive. Ive always wanted to make an I-spy quilt, but i dont have many novelty fabrics, so this should be a fun and easy way to collect a larger variety. I havent decided how i want to set them yet...i was thinking of an attic window pattern or perhaps a snowball pattern...any suggestions?

The weather has been cooling off a bit, but it was gorgeous this weekend, so Jordyn and i went for a drive with our friend Connie. We headed up towards the pass and drove around looking for moose. We spotted a mother and her baby, which was fun and we watched them for quite a while. Then we headed up to the moose center, which is a very neat place.

We were having such a nice time that we decided to continue on our journey. We drove around Gould, and stumbled upon a road to Teller City (which was established in the late 1800's and is now a ghost town).

There isnt much left of the old city, but there is enough to let your imagination fill in the gaps. There were informative plaques throughout the hike, which made it even more fun, and the surrounding area was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, the Pine-beetle have really killed off a lot of the trees, but it was still gorgeous.

Sometimes the best adventures are the ones that arent planned! We had a great time, and it was a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun, love the pics of the ghost town! i like the darker red sashing too! on the clock, so I gotta run love ya

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
loulee said...

Cute fabrics.
Teller city looks beautiful and interesting.

Unknown said...

Would you like some I Spy fabrics - I'm sure I could hunt a few out for you - just email me with the size you need for each piece and I'll pop a few in the post if you like

Christine Thresh said...

"...Moose mother and her baby." I thought you were talking about the picture with Jordyn in it. No, that wasn't it.

Lynda said...

The crazy quilt is going to be wonderful! I think the dark red sashing is perfect - the restrained colour and straight lines emphasise the liveliness of the crazy blocks!