
A hairy local came around this evening...taunting our cat, and looking for snacks. He looks a little frightening standing so close to our daughters playhouse...a gentle reminder to always keep our eye on her when she is outside playing! Thankfully they are easily intimidated, though this particular bear had a bit of an attitude. We were also all safely inside when he dropped by.
I had the day off today...Jordyn went to Grandma and Grandpas house...so i was able to work on some projects. I cut out the rest of my novelty fabrics for the I-Spy swap on about.com. 15 sets total...which should get me 150 different fun fabrics :) The best way to come up with such a variety without having to buy so many at once...

That is, unless you have wonderful friends in blogland like i have! Anne read about my swap and offered to send me a stack of novelty scraps she had laying around, and they arrived today! Wasnt that generous of her...as ive said before, quilters are some of the most giving people i know. I now have an additional 30 squares to add to my daughters I-Spy quilt thanks to her. Thank you Anne! Im working on a little care package for you in return :)

and for the final photo, ill leave you with a little teaser for the ALQS round 2! Not much of a clue...just some pretty fabrics :)
6 comments:
Glad they got there safely Lisa :o) Love your ALQS choice of fabrics - not so sure about that bear - the biggest thing we get in our garden is the neighbourhood cats
A real Black Bear right in your yard! That is scary.
Really like your color combo for the ALQS. Love your bear stories, too. As long as noone gets hurt, it is exciting to be in on your adventures.
How big are your I-spy pieces?? I have some 6" squares if they would work. Send me your snail mail addy and I will send some your way if that is big enough, OK?
I did pillow cases and a couple lap quilts for my grandchildren, so I have left-overs.
I don't believe that's a real bear, is it?
That's the problem with novelty fabrics, you only really need a small piece of each. You and I were lucky that other quilters are so generous -see my posting about Jars!
Post a Comment